SailNet Community - View Single Post - Singlehanding a PSC37???
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011

BirdBrain333 is on a distinguished road
To add to the information already posted:

Jack lines: I'm using flat webbing which is clipped to the pad eye to which the running backstays attach and then around the mooring cleats forward. One advantage of this set-up is that should I go over I won't go past the stern and can therefore (I hope) grab the emergency ladder and get back aboard.

Docking: With our fixed three-blade prop the stern walks to port a LOT in reverse. This is a godsend in single handed docking (on the face of a dock) as long as I can come in Port side to. I approach the dock at about 30 to 45 degrees, swing in, put it hard in reverse and stop the boat with it sitting quietly and parallel to the dock -- well almost every time. I then just step out, affix lines, and delight in looking like I know what I'm doing -- for once! Docking in a slip is terra incognita to me so I'd appreciate hearing how others do this.

Basically I find the boat so steady and dependable that single handing is quite easy in most conditions. The only time I've had a challenge was getting the anchor up in 25 to 30K winds. I'd love to hear how others handle this and any other single handing difficulties they have encountered.

Jay

PSC 37 Kenlanu
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook