SailNet Community - View Single Post - C&C 29 Mk II Vs. Beneteau First 28.5/29
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011

MichaelZZ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanduskysailor View Post
I have sailed on both boats and raced on my C&C 29-II against the Beneteau. Observations, B 28.5 has more room in interior. One is ailed on had a tiller with slatted seats in cockpit. Usable room in cockpit was lacking. The 29-II interior is more compact but more room in cockpit because of wheel. The 29-II has much better sailing capability with a slicker hull design, better foils and larger sail plan.

If encounter chop and lighter air, the masthead C&C goes to weather significantly faster than the 28.5.

You can find good condition 84-85 C&C 29-II in the States for around 17K -22K. With the Loon currently worth more than the dollar there are good deals to be had.
Sorry for the delay... thanks much for the info.

The current boat I'm looking at is $30k. Owner says absolutely no way going below that.

No visible blisters. Owner has 6 recent sails and it is absolutely impeccably clean. Water pump and hot water, shower. No dark spots interior. Boat (supposedly) only sailed fresh water in Canada 5 months a year. Not done survey yet so not 100% confirmed but the price difference with US seems incredible!?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook