SailNet Community - View Single Post - Galley idea.. a bit of input is hoped for
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011

GraemeInCanada is on a distinguished road
I actually posted about that 4200 before I saw your post there Peter! What a fluke. I think I'm going to get that this weekend after I confirm that I can fit it in just fine. I tried a cane material on the panels there, I can't find a good texture out there to use in my 3D app.. gives the idea I think..

Now that I'm going to go for a flush mount stove I think I'll leave the sink as is. I thought on the same item but I would need to get real granite in place to do that and I don't think I'll bother with that kind of effort. Great idea though and it would allow me to have an insert in the sink. Although I do keep either the kettle or a water jug in there while underway for convenience. I may still come up with something for the sink though. It tapers in if I remember correctly.

You're right Gary, I'm not keen on the idea either. New render here:

Not convinced yet on the countertop colouring. I think I should do something darker, brownish... or grey with some kind of brown in it? Any thoughts?