SailNet Community - View Single Post - How 'bout it? Any Soverel owners?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011
SV Pelican

Location: summer/fall in Colorado; winter/spring in Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico
tpope is on a distinguished road
Hi Andrew,
Enjoyed much the photo of your taking out the DV-20 of your Soverel 30. It looks just like our motor.

The Soverel group on Yahoo I have been following for the past couple of years is t he SOVDESIGN group. Its good because there are a couple of people in it that worked with Bill & Mark Soverel where the boats were made, and they know many details that are otherwise undocumented. The link is

sovdesign : Soverel Design

If you join this group, on its home page you'll notice at the left hand side of the page a series of links. Do add your Soverel to the "Database" link. I'd created a Soverel 30 list but there are only 3 of us in it so far. Too check out the "Photo" link, especially the Soverel 30 item posted by mtlioness (my wife's username on this site) It has the pages of the brochure that originally came with our boat. If you have trouble accessing this, just let me know and I'll send you directly those photos. Or you might try going directly to the photo link

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sovdes...60590/pic/list
though I'm not sure if one can access it without joining the SOVDESIGN group

Best of luck,
Ted
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunueget View Post
Thanks for the response. I'm trying to join those yahoo groups you posted to. I have the dv-20 manual found it online. We printed out the manual to a 3 ring binder and we are using it to put the motor back together. Going to be working on it this weekend maybe I'll will post a few shots. Thanks for the info about starting it and the electric pump. Hope to see the brochure. I think my setup must be cutter too becaus the mast position and smaller main s ail.

Andrew
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook