SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mirabella V trys Simpson Lagoon Bridge!
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreman View Post
I think that the funniest part is the photo of Mirabella with the dark hulled boat next to her. The "poor" guy came in and had the most kick butt boat in the harbor until the white whale parked next to her. So she went from "wow" to "hey look at the cute little boat next to Mirabella".
Too true...

I never said Mirabella was 'ugly'.. just the impression you get is 'huge', even monstrous. From a mile away she looks, like any sailboat, nice enough. But even a Roberts Spray looks good under sail from a distance.

The mere 150 footers manage to still look like yachts up close.

But wandering places like the Antigua YC (whose clubhouse is extremely modest compared to many NA clubs, esp considering the yachts they host year round), and inside Simpson Lagoon at St Maarten where you see 150 foot poweryachts lined up like weekend rental runabouts really hammers home the incredible wealth of the relatively few.

What could these people do for the world if they 'helped out' instead of 'helping themselves'? (I know - a totally other discussion so pretend I didn't write it......)

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook