SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Islander 30 Wiring Diagram

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SpcAlan1 
#1 ·
Mt good friend just purchased a 1971 Islander 30 Sloop. It is somewhat of a project boat. I am looking for a wiring schematic for it so that I can help him sort out the wiring. Anyone out there able to help us??

#2 · (Edited)
The original wiring would have been pretty basic. Schematic - anything added over the last 39 years would not be on it. You are best to trace what is there and draw a schematic as you go. You will find some wires that are obvious and some that have no reason to exist. Just plug away and figure them out one by one. I have never relied on an old schematic - its easier to get right into it.
Now there are those owners that post a up to date schematic in the engine room or wherever - but those are rare.

#3 ·
Thanks, I have been reading some articles about boat wiring. I have little better understanding of boat wiring, especially the ground circuits. I am also leaning toward having him replace all the glass tube fuses with circuit breakers. Just a pet peeve of mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.