SailNet Community - View Single Post - Soverel 26
Thread: Soverel 26
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011

ry0056 is on a distinguished road
Razzledash, Soverel 26 #US SAILING no.20603 hull 12

It may have been posted by someone else that they were to be finished in 2011. I have had mine sailing for about 5-6 years now after an 8 month re-do. When I aquired the boat, it had been stripped of all metal parts except for a few bolts holding the deck to the hull and the keel bolts. I went about glassing in all holes until like new. Replaced all bulkheads with mahogony ply. Replaced all clutches and blocks on deck. Replaced all internal mast sheeves and forestay foil bearings. Recored starboard deck from top side with balsa. Put deck back together with epoxy using sheet metal screws to hold tight in proper plane until cured. Then all screws removed and holes filled and faired. Glassed in a fuel locker in the starboard cockpit locker hatch that was previously open to the cabin below. Replaced all instruments. Silva Compass, NorthStar knot/depth/water temp/race timer and a Velocitec Speedpuc for heading deviation, track recording and speed by gps. I used Interllux paint sprayed and Micron CSC below the waterline. There were no blisters and no barrier coat previously, so I did not add any at that time. I hauled in 3 years and still no blisters after being in fresh water. Mast, boom and forward hatch were all powdercoated black. If you would like any photos, I have lots. Let me know. You can send me an email address to razzle.dash at yahoo dot com if you have anything you would like to see. I made a short video sailing at Thanksgiving. Just google razzledash and you will see it near the top of the results. Randy Yates
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook