SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chesapeake trip in May
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011
美國佬

willyd is on a distinguished road
Hey, so do I. I'm getting more excited about this trip as time goes on. I looked at some of your other posts, and if you're looking for tiller time, this may be your trip. If you're looking to motor between yacht clubs and waterfront restaurants, it ain't. The only non-emergency motoring I anticipate is MAYBE making it up river from City Point to Richmond, if we get that far, etc., etc. My boat is a double ender and only has a small outboard, and even that hits the rudder if you're not careful, so I avoid using it. I may not even bring it along at all.

But aren't you in one of those flat states in the middle of the country? How would you get out here?

Oh, and one other rule comes to mind: no listening to headphones while on watch. Bad idea.

You also started a thread on getting a bluewater boat for under $10,000. Check out the trip a couple did a few years ago in another Pacific Seacraft 25 - they sailed motorless from Hawaii to Australia in a boat nearly identical to mine except theirs had a full keel and my cabin is in much better shape. The photos are on Flickr.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook