SailNet Community - View Single Post - 80 mile move with no motor????
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011
young salt

Cruxandreams is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
I DO have a sense of adventure, which is why I DON'T ask for advice when I do something stu, er adventurous. If one asks for advice one is either looking to a) be talked into doing something, b) talked out of doing something, or c) looking for someone to point out trips and traps that one hadn't thought of yet , which leads to more questions aiming to answer either a) or b). By the answers the OP has given he wants answer a). If he can justify why, I just might agree with him.

Or we can just blindly encourage an unknown sailor with an unknown boat and an unknown skill level to attempt a journey well beyond his previous experience with a new-to-him boat across one of the busiest waterways on the east coast.

Oh yeah... with no motor. Which begs the question: if the iron jenny is dead, what is the condition of the rest of the systems on the boat?
Appreciate your response. However, I am posting on this site, because it is a forum where boaters ask other boaters questions as they would in a community of boaters Like I knew so well in the south. I have yet to come across a fellow sailor in person that would attempt to discourage a young sailor such as myself from trying to accomplish his task/dream with similar words to yours. Again your response has been taken to consideration, But I want to hear positive ideas instead of turning this thread into a back and forth of wise cracks. Thanks just trying to stay on topic!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook