SailNet Community - View Single Post - Night sailing - Glen Cove to Stamford, CT and return
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Arrived safe in Stamford awhile ago. It was an excellent night. Light winds, sailed wing-on-wing much of the way across and up the sound. Solo. It was incredibly warm tonight. Saw a couple tugs pushing barges, but neither was near me. Kept a good watch with binoculars all the way.

The marina is empty, so I had my pick of slips. I docked on an end in the deepest water slip they have, but then move over one slip so I can tie lines off on both side of the boat. We are expecting gusts to 40 tomorrow and I don't want the boat rubbing on the fenders all day.

Plan is to work tomorrow (on my laptop) and then sail back after midnight. Looks like the front will pass by before then.

Stamford really is a good destination for me from Glen Cove. The approach is very interesting. You keep a flashing white light centered on a steady-ish red light and that takes you most of the way in, staying in the channel.

The marina's wifi is with the same provider, so my logon at the other Brewers worked here fine.

Regards,
Brad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .
. .
. .
. .
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook