SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do roller-furling cruisers need a storm jib?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011

bavaria36 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Hi! and welcome to Sailnet

I agree with you. I had, like you, a 36 Bavaria for 7 years and I had also a storm bag. I agree with what you say and as I had in mine a small 3th reef on the main I can tell you that it is a big improvement in heavy weather. Probably because I had it I never needed the storm bag. I used the third reef a lot, practically always I had more than 30K of apparent wind. The boat is much more balanced (than only with a front sail) and much faster.

Mount it with two extra blocks, one in each side of the cockpit and you can have full control of it from the cockpit

Regards

Paulo
Hi, this is good to know, and from a bav 36 owner perspective. By the way my boat has just entered its 8th year and doing well.

I was going to enquiry with sailmaker and rigger for a 3rd single line reef, similarly to reef 1 and 2. From what you say about the two extra blocks you did something different than a single line reef, any more details?

Regards,

Alberto
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook