SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do roller-furling cruisers need a storm jib?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011

bavaria36 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC320 View Post
Re: Storm Bag Sail:

The video showed deploying the sail. However, it does not show restowing it in the two part bag, so that it will be ready to redeploy. After you've used it and then pulled it down, how difficult is it to repack it on board the boat in high wind/wave conditions?
Repacking the storm bag is pretty easy on a quay. I have never tried to repack on board. I think it would be not practical (speaking for myself not possible) to repack on board in high wind/wave conditions but it would be possible in fair conditions. In the two occasions I used the storm bag I did not need to repack on board as I approached shelter. The storm bag sail is small, easy to lower, I have not tried yet but I think it is possible, instead of repacking it, to fasten it at the bow pulpit and lines in such a way to allow using the genoa and if needed to re-deploy. In the picture the storm bag after usage fastened down, before removing and repacking.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook