SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do roller-furling cruisers need a storm jib?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavaria36 View Post
Hi, this is good to know, and from a bav 36 owner perspective. By the way my boat has just entered its 8th year and doing well.

I was going to enquiry with sailmaker and rigger for a 3rd single line reef, similarly to reef 1 and 2. From what you say about the two extra blocks you did something different than a single line reef, any more details?

Regards,

Alberto
Hi Alberto,

I was sailing those waters two years ago. I have also made that passage between Minorca and Sardinia where strong winds are expected,. Actually it was for doing that I bought the sail-bag

Yes I have catched strong winds (25/30K) but I didn't need the storm bag instead had a fantastic downwind ride averaging about 7.5K and staying many hours over 9K with surfs on two digit speeds. Great sailing 24 hours (a bit less) that I shared with my 15 year old son

That boat looks like my old one A good looking boat in my opinion, but I am hardly impartial about that .

Curiously my boat was sold to an Italian. It is on a marina near Piombino and if you are nearer you can have a look how it was done.

You cannot have another single reef on that set up. The boom mechanism does not allow that. That's why all new boats come only with two reefs. That's why you have to have two blocks and two lines.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 03-20-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook