SailNet Community - View Single Post - Water flow issues
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 03-21-2011 Thread Starter
Omatako

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichH View Post
You risk BOILING the water INSIDE the pump and also IN the Hx, therefore BAD application position for a pump. ---

;-)
Thanks, that's the sort of positive information I needed. I had a feeling it was not clever and you've succintley confirmed that.

I will re-engineer as required and have the pump still belt driven but on the cold side of the heat exchanger. It's gonna be a tough fix but I believe it to be the best solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyverRI View Post
I would go w/ a quality replacement elec. pump like it had and a spare if it's feasible $$.
Thanks but I have little faith in electric pumps so I'll pass on the suggestion. I have got one which I will use if an emergency presents itself but realistically, the genset should never constitute an emergency. I still have another 200amps of power generation on my normal alternators.

Thanks to all for your input.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

Arthur C. Clarke
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome