Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Inner Banks of North Carolina
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
The factory has gone to stainless steel because of the paint bubbling issue, but I cannot recall which brand. We have removed the 'glass', wire brushed, used 2 part zinc chromate, followed by Awlcraft primer and then Awlcraft finished. I have never removed the bottom section from the boat, but painted it in place. We used inverted black plastic cement mixing pans to cover the openings while the tops were off the boat. Be very careful removing the stainless bolts holding the locking arms, as they like to snap off after seating in aluminum for decades.