SailNet Community - View Single Post - Relocating to north to Maine ... looking at a new jib
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011

scraph is on a distinguished road
My jibs are hoisted on a Harken roller furler with twin slots.

The jib cars are pin-stop. ...easily adjustable on the lazy sheet. The jib track runs only as far forward as the mainsail traveler (mounted cabin top forward of the companionway hatch). However, I do have a good toerail for installing snatch-blocks on. I don't intend to go through the effort of rigging up an inner forestay.

While I agree that much more involved systems would be 'ideal' I am currently just trying to come up with a workable solution for possibilities during this voyage. I intend to watch weather closely and use weather windows to my advantage. I would, however, like to get my hands on something smaller than the 130% for the voyage that I could also find use for in my cruising inventory during my time in Maine (Portsmouth). I am sending money in a lot of different directions to outfit a racer cruiser to support an offshore delivery voyage ... only to revert back to coastal cruising after arrival ... so I'm trying to find something I absolutely need for the trip but would get use out of after.