SailNet Community - View Single Post - Introducing the new Yacht
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011

Ilenart is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley18 View Post
Just curious, I: What was wrong with the engine? I thought Yanmars were pretty indestructible. What did you replace it with??

Seacocks I can understand, but a new fuel tank and propshaft? There's a story there..

It certainly sounds like you've spend some big$$ on her since buying her not all that long ago and I'm glad you're getting her out. Nice weather over west I hope??
Hi Hartley. When I brought the boat I new the fuel tank had to be replaced and the engine had a blown head gasket. So I did a deal with the PO where some of the purchase price was held in a trust account and we shared the cost of the engine repair and fuel tank replacement. However once the engine was out we worked out the engine was not worth repairing (was sea water cooled and the PO had not replaced the anodes in 5 years - they are suppose to be inspected / replaced annually). Therefore I had to go with a new engine. I went with another 20HP Yanmar again a 3YM20.

The prop shaft was not planned, however it was not a large cost.

Yep, the weather been pretty good. Apart from the occassional cyclone headinbg our way

Having fun with the bigger boat?

Ilenart
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook