SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any Newport 41 owners in the Bay Area?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011
STARBOARD!!

KeelHaulin will become famous soon enough KeelHaulin will become famous soon enough
Hey I own one located in Richmond California! In all the time I have been here on Sailnet I never thought of throwing up a post asking who else owns one of these rare birds (LOL). Great to see a thread started so we can all chat about it. Sorry if this thread gets hijacked; but I did not know there were so many people here that own one in the SF Bay Area or have owned one here on Sailnet!! I have been feeling quite lonely while discussing the great sailing properties of the early C&C's while some people who think they know everything about boats call them IOR broach-coaches, and poorly constructed. Neither can be further from the truth as we all know!!

I've owned mine for coming up on 5 years; we sail SF Bay regularly. We need to get a Newport 41 raft-up going this spring or summer. I know of 3 other 41's in SF Bay that are not owners who have posted here. A second 41 resides at my dock and I helped a guy buy one about 2 years ago; which is now down in Redwood City.

Would love to talk shop with some of you guys who have owned 41's for many years or have sold yours. We could start another thread on the boat specific "Newport" forum here or start one in "Gear and Maintenance". Also, there is a Newport e-mail listserver on Yahoo where everyone who was on the old Sailnet listserv are. Go to Newport, Neptune, Gulf sailboats built by Capital Yachts and follow the Yahoo Group Banner link. Recently the Wife of Bill Smith (co-founder of Capital Yachts) joined and put up a couple of nostalgic posts.

The Newport 41 still turns heads and wins races! Great to hear one won overall in the Figawi; and my boat was selected for a photo in the 2010 Cruising World Calendar!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook