SailNet Community - View Single Post - Port Canaveral
Thread: Port Canaveral
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011

P424 is on a distinguished road
Great inlet tide very light no standing waves Look out for ships and Subs using the inlet as security can be very tight especially when a sub is transiting. (Guns and Choppers). I have been boarded when a Disney Ship was exiting as I tried to return to my marina. No problems just the inconvenience of training the Coast Guard in what The rules are. (young young young). Just be nice they will be nice too. LOL. The Locks are closed Till some time in April. Refitting locks for slow dumb animals (Manatees)
No places to anchor in the Port and the area around the Ships is restricted.. Several Marinas to stay at. Cape Marina has nice bathrooms, showers, laundry, and wireless internet. Fuel, Game room, Floating docks and slips to stay for a day or longer.

Forgot to ad Ft Pierce is a possible place to rest but the sandbars can be tricky. I wont attempt to say were they are now as its been years since I last went in there. I will say try to time entrance with the tide and daylight as it can be scary in the dark with waves that can swallow my 40+ft boat depending on Tide and Seas

Last edited by P424; 03-23-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook