SailNet Community - View Single Post - Share your experience with Ontario sailing schools and CYA Basic Cruising course
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011
Abbott 22

knotted is on a distinguished road
bljones
Dock Six
Port Dover

Dear Sir:

Thank you for your kind, and possibly generous, offer of 'employment', or should that be 'enjoyment'?

I am both honoured and very pleased to receive your offer, and once suitably qualified for the duties to be undertaken I will contact you to formally accept the offer and arrange a start date to take up the duties of the position discussed. Although your offer mentioned neither 'competent' nor 'confident' as part of the desired qualifications, you may rest assured that I shall endeavour to be a 'valuable asset' during the period of my 'employment'.

I point out that my qualifications to satisfy the 'designated' part of the job description are plain and simple: abstinence. My abstemiousness is exemplary on any day of the week not ending in 'y' or on which I intend to sail before the mast. I should, however, indicate in that regard that my ambition and long term job objective, where possible, is to not venture out of the cockpit or off the poop deck... I must enquire also in that regard whether your terms of 'employment' and/or 'enjoyment' include BYOB (bring your own buoy)?

Once more, thank you for your offer, the acceptance of which gives me nearly as great pleasure as will the 'employment' itself. I shall of course ensure that I bring my log book and that it accompanies me nearly everywhere, except for the compartment containing the small 'round hole in the floor'.

I am, Sir,
Your Most Obedient Servant

knotted
March 24, 1911
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook