SailNet Community - View Single Post - Realistic Quote or Not
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011

DrB will become famous soon enough
Answers

First - I thought it was excessive, but just wanted to get a another set of opinions.

Second - I am willing to do it myself, but the hard part is enlarging the hole, I don't have a hole saw for that and since the 1/2" hole already there isn't much smaller than a 3/4", I would probably need to epoxy a plug in to redrill the hole. I may have them do that, since the only time I can work on the boat is the W/E and typically the W/E weather has been lousy.

Engine is about 1 foot from the thru-hull location. There is also plenty of room for the seacock and no dimensional limitations. The inside of the hull is very flat and clean for bonding the seacock flange or flange block.

I can do the rest myself, but am kind of strapped for time and the weather has been lousy here in New England for Bonding/FG work. If the cost was say $700, I'd have no problem with it, but $1380 for it seems excessive, especially since the old thru-hull is removed.

Thanks.

Last edited by DrB; 03-25-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook