SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011

daviid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What is your time table regarding buying the boat and living part of the year on Croatia?
Hi Paolo

We are planning to travel to Croatia this year to charter for 2 weeks on 2 different yachts.(any advice on reputable charter companies in Croatia outside of Sunsail and Moorings would be welcome ) I would really like to try the Hanse 375 and the Hanse 400. Next year we will do the same on another 2 yachts on our shortlist and then we will make a decision. I am not looking to buy new but rather to buy a yacht that is 3 to 5 years old, in great condition, hopefully with all the bells and whistles and look to score around 30% off the new price. That way, we should have relatively low maintenance and we can then learn all the DIY that is needed as we go along.

Between now and then, there is a lot for me to do including deciding where to winter the yacht - I haven't given up on Croatia on account of pricing just yet, but will also include Turkey in my search - 6 months on the hard and 6 months in the water seems like the way to go.

Also, my partner and I are relatively new to yachting and so we need to keep going to school and to keep racing on Wednesday evenings as crew members.

All the best

David
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook