SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviid View Post
Hi Paolo

We are planning to travel to Croatia this year to charter for 2 weeks on 2 different yachts.(any advice on reputable charter companies in Croatia outside of Sunsail and Moorings would be welcome ) I would really like to try the Hanse 375 and the Hanse 400. Next year we will do the same on another 2 yachts on our shortlist and then we will make a decision. I....
Also, my partner and I are relatively new to yachting and so we need to keep going to school and to keep racing on Wednesday evenings as crew members.

David,
regarding the choice of carters in Croatia take a look here:

Croatia Charter Companies

Last year I have sailed there this beauty for 2 weeks:

If you are not very experienced I would recommend you to sail a 34/36ft sailboat.

You have among the ones that are fast and fun the Elan 350, the Salona 34 and the Dufour 34 performance. The obvious charter for this kind of boats are the Croatian importers, for the Dufour and the Elan and the shipyard for the Salona. If you want to try a Hanse, try on the Hanse Croatian importer, but I would say that it is time to book otherwise you are not going to have a good boat for the summer. This kind of boats are not the typical charter boat. There are not many and they are booked early.

I would say that the ideal would be to charter a Hanse 355 and any of the above. You will find out that they are completely different boats and will very quickly know what type you would prefer. When you know about the type than you can narrow your search on the models you prefer.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 04-03-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook