SailNet Community - View Single Post - Galley idea.. a bit of input is hoped for
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011

GraemeInCanada is on a distinguished road
Thanks! I'm assuming a pinker is a newbie of some sorts. Just take your time really, as I'll soon post I'm not mr. perfect in any way.. sigh..

Anyways, I have a request for opinions. Here is a slightly changed render. The main area is that I've pushed back the cabinet about 3/4 of an inch. It will create a small lip at the bottom there and the countertop. Keeping in mind there will be a fiddle on the front of the counter, it's just not in the render just yet. My thinking here is that I want the doors to not stick out beyond the whole cabinet area. So the cabinet front is no longer flush with the bottom piece (which I've also changed to be wood, not painted, more later on that).

Anyways, opinions on those two changes would be very much appreciated. I like the idea but am curious if there are those think it a bad idea perhaps:

The bottom trim between the bottom and the cabinet will be corner trim too, not just normal 1" trim like it's shown there. There will also be 3/4" square trim between the sole and that bottom piece to "separate" them. One last item is that the doors aren't as high and will be a bit wider.

Thanks for the ideas on the cups there Windy, I like that idea and will keep it in mind when I finally make it to that point.