I'm interested in your thoughts on the Krogen 38 Cutter, Keel version. This boat was made with a 38ft hull and was offered in a two centerboard and a keel version with a bowsprit for flying a genoa.
The boat is listed here on yachtworld Krogen 38 listing on Yachtworld
and there is additional information about the Krogen 38 at this site. If you want to take a look or know something from experience please let me know. Another page with info is here
My wife and I want the boat to cruise south from San Diego to Mexico and across the Panama Canal to Cruise the Caribbean.
What I really like about the boat (short list):
- The boat has been described as sturdy and well built.
- Ample storage room inside
- 2 cabin design
- Hydronic Heat
- Cutter rig
- Anchor and windlass with 300' of chain
What my wife likes
- Big closets for storage space
- Large comfy cockpit for sundowners and sailing
What I don't Like:
- Canvas is old and starting to tear
- Fuel leak in the bilge ("Seal replaced recently")
- Outlets are not GFCI
- No handholds on the deck forward to douse sail in rough weather
What do you think?