Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: living aboard since 1972
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 12
Although our children are older now and off on their own, they grew up cruising aboard from infancy to adulthood. Our boat was their home at the dock as well, so there was less to adapt to while cruising, but these are some of their offshore activities:
1. steering while "shooting" at clouds or stars through a paper towel roll "sight" that was taped to the rigging forward.
2. dressing up as characters and presenting short plays.
3. dragging toy vessels from a cord on the aft rail.
4. making assorted snack trays during the mid-day.
5. spoting satellites during the first hours of darkness after sunset.
6. drawing and painting
7. treasure hunting by following a sequnce of prepared clues,- each clue leading to the next clue in a hidden place until the final treasure,-usually a simple toy
......and many more that I can't recall
Take care and joy, Aythya crew