SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricKLYC View Post
But I see you don't like canting keels either, Paulo. Although the Finot system seems to be well validated, starting with the First 22, then the First Class 8 and now on the Pogo 10.50, plus an increasing number of other French brands like Django and Malango. Have I missed the bad news?

Anyway, we will of course keep you updated as soon as our 12.50 will have become reality (ETA: next October).
No, I don't know of any reports regarding problems with the swinging keels of any of those boats and I like the concept it is just that I don't really need a small draft and I am a believer of the principle "Keep it simple".

The keel of the 12.50 is much heavier than any of those boats and the efforts to put the keel up and down are really big, but if the system is well designed and dimensioned should work well and give you some years without maintenance, but it is one more boat system that sooner or later will need maintenance.

Saying that if I lived on the North Coast of France, England or Holland, I would probably trade that possible maintenance issue by the advantages the low draft gives on those regions

Yes, please keep me posted. It is possible that I manage to have a boat late on the next summer, if so you are invited to sail it and then we can really compare the plus and minus of each boat just for the fun of it

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook