SailNet Community - View Single Post - A new bottom job
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011

jarcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4gta View Post
The bottom is working all the time, and water is way more dense than air. I'd do it all over again if I had to. Biggest single improvement I've ever done to the boat. Good onya Jim.
Exactly. If I had to do it all again, knowing now what I didn't know then, I would not have bought this boat. I probably would not have even taken this boat for free. Not because it's a Scampi. Having an unusual boat has its advantages, mostly in that no one is going to translate the class rules from Sweedish and throw them in my face. But still, I probably would have bought a class boat, maybe a J/29.

Next time I buy a boat, I'm going to check simple things like, is the mast appropriate for the boat? How many layers of paint are on the bottom? And I'll definitely hire a different surveyer.

Hey, it's only money, right?

That said, I have only one big item left to replace (the rig) and once that's done, well, it will be one hell of a good boat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook