SailNet Community - View Single Post - Furling Line Hardware -- A New Option
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011

jetdrvr393 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRPollard View Post
jet,

Those photos are great and very helpful! Don't worry about the spring cleaning.

In my view, you have a very standard configuration. The ratchet block is definitely for the termination at the cockpit, and the regular block is for forward at the bow pulpit just before the line enters the furler drum.

The ratchet block needs to be spun around and mounted so that it is facing forward and inward somewhat toward the cockpit (not completely opposite how you have it now in the photo, more like spun 90-110 degrees counterclockwise). Then you can very easily mount the small cleat on either the flat surface of the cockpit coaming or the surface of the coaming that cants down to the narrow side-deck, somewhere forward of the pulpit (typically 1.5-2' forward of the block).

I think you can get this set-up very nicely. You should have pretty good access to the underside of the deck via the locker (or an aft cabin?) for mounting that small cleat.
Thanks!
That makes sense, I will look at that route, I was also thinking of setting the cleat on the teak block aft of the jib winch cam cleat. That cleat could stand to be moved a bit anyways.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook