SailNet Community - View Single Post - Reasons NOT to go Cruising
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011
Crotchety Old Member

tomperanteau is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimrdie46 View Post
The tax issue is getting worse this year. I travel all over the US, Europe, Middle East and Africa for work and for 2011 I will have to pay income tax in the US as well as the country I visit. Trust me, I'm all for working under the radar.
I don't consider what we might do as "working under the table". I won't go into the whole Unconstitutionality of wage taxes, or whether or not the tax law was properly ratified, as the information is all over. What I will say, is that if you don't believe that wage taxes are legal and you choose not to pay them, you already pay TONS of taxes on the goods you buy.

Remember the loaf of bread argument about how many taxes are on a loaf of bread? Our tax rate not including income tax is probably somewhere between 80 and 90%, all inclusive. And then consider that every time you buy a used car or boat, you are again paying taxes on an item that has already had tax paid on it. Figure that one out.

So I'm with you on your ideals, just perhaps not your semantics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Footprints

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube

1969 Crealock/Columbia 36 Sloop completely refitted in 2000 and new Yanmar in 2006.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook