SailNet Community - View Single Post - seeking advice with boom, backhaul line need to be retrived.
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011

ambrielt33 is on a distinguished road
seeking advice with boom, backhaul line need to be retrived.

Any suggestions for retrieving my backhaul line from inside my boon? On my 1980 Tartan 33, while working to remove the backhaul line which runs inside the boom I temporarily, at least I hope temporarily, have lost it inside the boom. Purpose of removing was to clean it over the winter. My first season with sailboat and I now think I don't need to do that very often if at all. I attempted to remove it by duct taping a small cord to it to so I could refish this spring but in the small cord pulled from the line. The backhaul exits the aft end of the boom. At that point it is a cable. The cable is attached some way to a cord inside the boom as that is what exits the starboard side of the boom toward the mast. that is what I lost. Seems part of the challenge is that also inside the boom run the 2 lines for the jiffy reeling system. The backhaul line seemed to tangle with the other lines.o I would like to do this without removing the caps to the boom if possible. I tried that and they seem difficult to remove.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook