...my impression, right or wrong that all Manson's were knock offs.
All anchors are evolutions. The Rocna is a step forward, perhaps the best overall design at this time, but...
* The angles are not unique. If you look at just on half of a Northill anchor, for example, it looks pretty similar. I had a genuine Norhill on my last boat and it's setting behavior was very much like the Rocna (other problems).
* The shank obviously came from Delta and Bruce, as well as some others.
* The roll bar, perhaps, came from Bugel. A very similar anchor that I believe is a bit older.
* The attitude, perhaps from Fortress (
* The Manson tests better than Rocna on occasion. Though It seems probable there was some copying, it is also possible there are some improvements. I do wish they would lose the second slot; pointless and actually costing them some sales, I think.
Good anchors. I just they would lighten up and realize that happy customers (both Fortress and Rocna) speak loudest.