SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JomsViking View Post
Photo gallery

A FAST boat (but out of my league )
Thanks. I have being looking at the X yacht page waiting to see the first photos but it seems I was not the only one

Not out of my league, I would love to sail one, just out of my budget and I believe out of most, but it is a beautiful boat. More nice that on the designs I would say. That big port hull in the salon does not look as bad as I thought it would look...and should provide the salon with a view. Nice compromise.

If what they say about the boat is true, and I have no motive to doubt, it will be an incredible boat, they talk about 10% stiffer and 15% faster than the X43 and the x43 was a very fast and stiff boat!!!! Amazing the improvements in yacht design in only 9 years and the X43 was not any boat, it was a kind of benchmark when it was realesed

"This represents the 4th generation of Performance Cruisers for X-Yachts – and Xp retains much of the DNA of its forebears but has evolved into a fast and progressive cruiser-racer that has as much to offer the modern, comfort-demanding family as it does a race crew....

Compared to the previous X-43, launched in 2002, the Xp 44 is 5% longer on the waterline, 10 % stiffened up to 15 % faster. Weight has moved from the composite weight of the yacht into the deep lead-bulb of the T-Keel.

This is thanks to the fact that X-Yachts has again taken the lead in modern production boatbuilding, utilizing a vacuum infusion epoxy foam hull laminate, with an advanced keel structure that is reinforced with carbon fibre instead of the traditional steel.
“The feeling of helming the Xp 44 is just sensational, the stiff hull means it takes just a touch of bow down on the helm to get her back up to maximum speed, whilst all that stability gives you finger tip control – even reaching along at tight angles under the huge code zero. These are characteristics that will reward the cruiser as much as the racer – but we warned – you may need to plan a new holiday itinerary – because the Xp 44 will be getting you to your usual anchorage fast!”

Press release 15th April 2011 - Launched!

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 04-16-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook