SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for a Sailing Area
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011

BarryL is on a distinguished road
Looking for a Sailing Area

Hi Guys,

I am looking to my friends at Sailnet for some advice.

Each August four of us get together and sail somewhere. First year it was in Cape Cod on a Pearson 30. Year two was LA, where we were on a Hunter 46 and sailed to Catalina Island. Last year we were on my boat (O'day 35) and sailed the Long Island Sound.

We are out of friends with suitable boats, so we are thinking of chartering somewhere. I have read lots of good things about the great lakes, but being far away from there I haven't paid that much attention. We are looking for a sailing area with a number of destinations for 4 days sailing. We like to sail for a few hours (4-8), arrive somewhere and swim, explore, whatever. We mix between cooking on board and eating in restaurants. An ideal place would allow for a day at anchor and then a day in a marina.

So, if you have suggestions for a destination like that, where we could rent a monohull in the 32-38' range, I would love to hear it. We usually go in August, but could do a trip in late July. We are spread all over the country, so we need a place near a major airport as well.

Or, if you want to join the adventure, and have a boat big enough for five, please let me know. We are all adults, share expenses and like to have fun.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Barry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook