SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew Cats
Thread: Crew Cats
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Sorry for the minor hijack, but this reminded me of a funny story. My brother-in-law and I went to an elderly friend's house. He was a life long bachelor and beginning to lose his marbles. We found him on his deck, in his underwear, putting cat food all around. When asked, he said he was trying to bait a cat out of his house. We thought he was imagining things, but agreed to look around the house. With faint effort, looking in closets and under beds, we went into a guest room and, sure enough, there was fluffy in a corner and she was pissed.

How do you get a pissed off, scared and cornered cat out of someone's house? Well a large fish net on a pole, of course. Four legs poking through the netting and the most demonic flailing trapped creature I've ever seen in my life. We were almost afraid to let it go outside, for fear it would try to kill us. It ran, of course.

Did I say this was funny? Well, that may be in the eye of the beholder.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook