SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew Cats
Thread: Crew Cats
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011

dhays is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikhall View Post
BTW - they do not make cat life jackets. Because of the skeletal structure of a cat, unlike a dog where a life jacket keeps their head up above the water, on a cat it affects their equilibrium as well as puts their head under water. (No sick cat jokes please)
Bummer.

While we don't have our cat on board (not that you couldn't have guessed), folks often think we do. I've found that the containers that the kitty litter that my wife likes to buy fit perfectly in my aft lazarrette. They are rectangular, deep, have a handle, and tight fitting lid. Two fit perfectly side by side. I keep the cleaning supplies and stuff in those tubs. They stay dry and don't roll around. Now I don't have to worry about my spray cans of WD-40 or Sailkote rusting either. Take the tub with the boat wash and spunge out and it doubles as a bucket.

The only downside is that I'm too lazy to peel off the label off the side and folks are always coming up to me as I'm lazily washing the boat and asking if we have a cat on board.
S/V Legacy, Catalina 400 MkII, Hull #328
My Blog on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook