SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew Cats
Thread: Crew Cats
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Ok some good info rolling in now.

Do folks use clumping litter on the boat? Its what we use at home but I worry about it making its way into the bilge and eventually clogging the pump. I've heard of using shredded newspaper, but I wonder if that would throw him off his routine. Regular litter will probably be the first attempt and I'll use a towel or welcome mat to keep the litter from spreading.

I'll have to get a harness and see how he deals with it. He's an indoor cat, but I don't believe in declawing so he's ok that score. I'd already thought about having a cat friendly throwable flotation device but the big rope over the side is a good idea also.

I have no intention of letting the little rascal roam. Even though we raised him from a kitten, he's still skittish with us, so if he got loose, he'd be a handful to round up.

We'll probably just keep him below when at the dock or underway, but I'd like to let him on deck while were anchored out so he can enjoy some outdoor time and won't have to worry about him running away.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook