SailNet Community - View Single Post - I Could Use a Ton of Advice
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 04-24-2011
well, lets see. i live aboard. my 30' with over six foot head room is about a perfect fit. in theory she could sleep six, but it would be cramped~me and the occasional guest is about a perfect fit. my turtle smedly doesnt take up much space. lol. while the head/shower are serviceable i generally use the marinas locker room facilities.
she was def. a project boat. Im only pointing that out due to your budget. I happened to get lucky, as they (the marina) had acquired her due to a title lein for nonpayment so they didnt have really anything in her. they wanted fiveish and i ended up getting her for around 35hundo. good luck. if you have local marinas with sales depts i would spend a day climbing around boats-boat people i find are generally nice by nature. i did find that it felt to me that anything 27ish or under were too cramped for comfy living. good luck. feel free to pm me with any questions....

edit-as to $ i should probably point out that i dont know how much ive sunk into her, but its lots.. stereo, grill all new running, redone the cabin, dockbox, tools etc etc etc

How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean ~ Arthur C. Clarke

Quinn McColly
Macgregor Venture

Last edited by QuickMick; 04-24-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome