SailNet Community - View Single Post - water drippage inside cabin of 1980 t33
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011

ambrielt33 is on a distinguished road
water drippage inside cabin of 1980 t33

Anyone have input regarding finding and stopping leak inside cabin of a 1980 t33? Occurs when heavy rain. Drips from inside of cabin on starboard side from very aft part of cabin. Drips on galley counter just right of range when facing range, facing starboard side. Falls on the back right corner of the lift out top storage compartment. When I lean my head in and look up behind the teak panel I can see that the water is running to that point from forward but I can't see the origin. Is there a technique to find this leak? Can I remove the teak panels for a better view? The previous owner replaced the cabin ports because original ones leaked. The newer ones seem to have good joints. I just don't see from looking on the outside an apparent trouble spot. I am considering running a hose on various deck hardware, beginning with the most aft first to try to repeat the problem. Could be coming from as far forward as the mast? I see very little if any leaking at this joint. Input would be appreciated. This boat seems to be very sound so far and I would certainly like to avoid any long term water damage. Thanks.e there.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook