SailNet Community - View Single Post - Florida and bahamas boat????
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011

Frogwatch is on a distinguished road
My 8.5 M S2 has a draft of 3'10" and I normally sail her on the NE Gulf cost in the Florida Big Bend area where if you can see land you are aground. I have sailed her across the Gulf 4 times and have sailed her to the bahamas too. She is currently at MArsh Harbor, Abaco. GREAT boat for shallow water, well built too. I am now interested in moving up to a Morgan OI33' because I want to go further afield. I might be interested in parting with her in order to get the OI sooner. She is an older boat, 1981 but I replaced all rigging and sails recently and is outfitted for my kind of spartan cruising. I also replaced the original 6.5 hp 1GM Yanmar with a 13 hp 2GM for extra power to get off the ground.
The S2 has her ballast encapsulated in the hull which is truly what I need cuz I always go places I shouldn't. I figger if I don't go aground at least once a day, I am not trying hard enough to have adventure. Yes, I've been aground in Charlotte Harbor.
If you are interested, I have to go down there next week to have her hauled out at a boat yard for hurricane season.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook