SailNet Community - View Single Post - Stern Anchoring Question
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeast450 View Post
John,

Quote:
We have a stern anchor, stern rode locker, and a stern anchor roller, which makes it comparatively easy.
Would you share a bit more about your stern locker and roller configuration? I am interested in setting up to anchor from the cockpit.

Thanks,

Down
Hi Down,

Sorry, I don't have any good photos of our arrangement at the moment. So I will describe as best I can.

What we have is a Windline DR-1 Stern Anchor Roller that is mounted to the cap rail at the stern of the boat.

Belowdecks, in the port quarter, is a locker for the stern anchor rode. There is a capped/hinged hawse hole in the deck, through which the rode passes. This locker can be accessed through the lazarette.

We use a Fortress FX-16 stern anchor. It is mounted to the stern rail via a Windline PM-1 Rail Mount Anchor Holder.

The anchor is mounted outboard to the stern rail, so it is always ready to deploy and the lead for the rode is fair. The anchor rode has about 10-15' of light chain before it transitions to rope. The chain is led from the anchor shank, through the stern roller, then down the hawse hole to the rode locker.

Using the hardware linked above, I think it would be pretty easy for most boats to replicate this set-up. Even if there's no dedicated locker area for the rode, a large plastic bucket could be secured in place below the hawse opening, and it would be effectively the same thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT

Last edited by JohnRPollard; 04-26-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook