SailNet Community - View Single Post - Production Boats and the Limits
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Shut up!!! Are you serious????

You did a great job with that interview Jeff. In general, did you come away as a bit more of a believer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
That is amazing....The endless lifespan of the Internet never ceases to floor me. I compiled, re-wrote the questions, conducted and edited that series of interviews and discussions almost 12 years ago, and the amazing part is that it still exists on-line.

The one thing that does not appear in your quote and I did not see on the webpage was the discussion about the purpose of Hunters. The jist of that discussion was that Hunter was targeting the budget oriented, coastal cruising marketplace. That should come as no surprise. As a result, where compromises were required they were biased toward that goal rather than offshore capabilities. The compromises are in areas that are not covered by ABYC or the CE ratings such as interior layouts, hand holds and footholds.

Signed,
Shaking my head in Annapolis....
I guess from your explanation above, I'd come away thinking I got a hell of a coastal cruiser that is pretty tough. And that's the antithesis of the general mindset on Hunters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 04-28-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook