SailNet Community - View Single Post - Reference Books aboard
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
I thought I was doing pretty good getting down to about 20 just reference books (not cooking or fun reading or even reference on technical subjects not sailing).

If I had to pick three: Cornell "World Cruising Routes," Toss "The Rigger's Apprentice," and Hall "Getting Rid of Boat Odors."

I have Chapman's and Calder's Mechanical/Electrical book but frankly don't look at them much if at all. I have Bowditch but it's big and bulky and I only have it for celestial nav (together with three volumes of HO). "The Cruiser's Handbook of Fishing" gets hauled out regularly because I can't fish -- if you can fish but are not mechanical you might use Calder the way I use the fishing book. I have Kollman's refrigeration book that is waiting for a refrigeration problem to emerge -- it's helped with some A/C issues.

That's what I can see from the nav station. There are some more in lockers that currently have a project in the way.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook