SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
New boat, the Elan 394:

The Ean 394 is going to replace the Elan 384 on the series of more "fat" and more comfortable interior boats from Elan, the ones that are equivalent to the Oceanis Beneteau series or Jeanneau DS series.

The 384 and 434 are around for more than half a dozen years, are designed, as all Elans, by Rob Humphreys and were locked as a slightly more seaworthy alternative to the Oceanis (Beneteau) and Jeanneau Ds line even if in my opinion the overall design of Jeanneau and Benetau is better.

They have changed last year the 434 fot the 444. I saw the boat in Eslovenia and it has so ugly that I don't even posted here the photos I have taken

ELAN Marine - Sail - Sail Yachts

The boat looked puffed and a lot more "fat" than the previous model and I really did not understood their intention. 9 months later they still have the 434 in their catalog side by side with the 444 and that means something regarding public acceptance of the new model.

They are now presenting the 394, the one that is going to replace the 384 and by the first images, it looks a lot better than the 444 in what regards design. After the 444 I will reserve my opinion till I see more of the boat

Here are the first images:

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 04-30-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook