SailNet Community - View Single Post - I just want to sail away..
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011

pistonbully is on a distinguished road
OK, So I've gotta admit.. Some of your replies have left me a little discouraged.. I know part of it is because I am hearing all the things that I prbly don;t want to hear.. But hey " I asked you right"...

Anyway, thank you for your honesty guys. reality checks are needed for dreamers..

So What about a revised plan? Say I save 10 to 15k.... Prbly more like 10k if I decided to do it summer 2012.. Anyway, What if I saved this money and made my 5k boat purchase and headed off to the east coast to find part time work and do some part time cruising? Is this more of a reality? Work and sail?

the fact is i don't have any debt so If I'm living on the boat and sailing on the weekends I will not only gain much needed practice before taming larger seas but I can make more money working somewhere... I hate to settle like this but sometimes you just have to accept the reality laid out before you..

I don;t mind moving my life from Colorado to the east coast. As long as I have my boat to live on and a cheap slip I should do fine..

I noticed in one of the threads that somone said they are kind of hurting for educated/trained workers in the keys and Virgin islands? god, i would love to go to the Virgin islands for a year,, Work a little cruise a little...

I don't know guys i'm just trying to be real about this. I'm not happy here anymore. I know i'm a jerk because I live at the base of a world class ski resort and i'm sick of it,, but hey what can I say i'm not easy to please.I need something more in my life and this really sounds appealing to me..

When I think of what else I could be doing it all sounds so boring to me.. last thing i want to do is go backword and move back home..
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook