SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011

G1000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
I have mixed fillings about the Azuree 40. Roxbot has made the same question as you and we have already discussed the boat. Look at pag. 84, post 837 and subsequent posts till 847.
Thanks. I have already read discussion twice. Just some time passed and wanted to double ask considering today's perspective.
Quote:
Regarding what was said two new things, the Wauquiez Opium 39 is back in good health and with a new integrated carbon pole and there are another contender coming in, the RM 1260 and I suspect we will have for next summer an Elan 400 on the same lines.
I wouldn't be so sure about Wauquiez good health, this just based on "Group Experton-Revollier acquires Wauquiez Shipyard", but do we real know anything else? Wauquiez range is so short, that Opium 39 sales should skyrocket to be afloat. But with current competition and upcoming Elan400 and Maxi11 this hardly possible.
Quote:
Read what was said and just say what you think about it, but basically, for most the biggest objection to the Azuree was looks. If you find it attractive (I like the interiors), try the boat and if you like it, go for it. After all what one sailor finds attractive others will find ugly and that's a subjective matter anyway.
The more I look at Azuree 40, the more I like it. Specially a black one then double windows "merge" with the hull. Plus bowsprit becomes part of the boat. On the over hand I do not like nor Opium 39, nor RM 1260, so "look" factor is really very personal. Azuree interior is really nice and should be perfect for a couple to liveaboard full time.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook