SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
On post 296, pag 30 I have posted about the new Dehler 41.

There are now more pictures and I know more about the boat. Fact is that in between I got really interested in it and not only for this thread but as my next boat. They are offering a very good price for the first boats and that with a good discount allied to the fact that it is these kind of boats I prefer almost made it for me .

So why not? Well this boat, like the First 40, is really two boats in one. One heavy (8300k) balsa cored and another one lighter, airex cored and with a much higher specification. The first one that they call Standard, or cruising, is not expensive the second one is. The first is going to be slow for a performance boat (but not for a regular cruiser), the second is going to be alright.

Well, I like the expensive and fast one but for that price I can have better and also the picture of the interior is not very appealing, with all that white and the mast on the middle of the boat...sure the Dehlers have a sweet finish and interior quality, but after having looked at that interior picture I would not have bought one without have seen it for real.

The boat is not as narrow as the Salona or the Grand Soleil, a bit more than the First and less than the Dufour 40e and will have a relatively high ballsat/displacement ratio. Lots of stability on this one, it will be a stiff boat that would take a lot of wind before reffing and a seaworthy boat.

The heavier version will be a very good bluewater cruising boat but not really a performance boat. The lighter version will be both things, I mean a performance boat and a good cruiser, but it will be more expensive than the Dufour 40e, the Elan 410 or the Salona 41. Anyway, less expensive than what the Dehlers used to be.

It is really a nice looking boat and I dont mean the interior . That one I have to see for real. A huge step forward regarding the old Dehler 39, a good boat but that should have been replaced sooner for a more modern and faster boat. Well, itīs done

Last edited by PCP; 05-02-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook