SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking at a Columbia 29 MKII
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011

souljour2000 is on a distinguished road
Looking at a Columbia 29 MKII

I am looking at a '66 Columbia 29 MK II...not the flush-deck Defender...but the more traditional cabin.It seems to be pretty solid...the rigging is in good shape from what I can tell..(not able to check swages up on mast head and mid-mast yet) The guy wants $2,000... I am pretty sure I get him to come in at $1,700. The chopper gun was used on these but there is roving underneath I am almost certain... Going to take another look at her tomorrow and really crawl all over her..
There is some termite damage in some of the plywood inside which I heard Columbia didnt use marine ply during this period. think the termites wouldnt care either way ..ply is ply to them I am sure...though they avoided all the mahogany and teak as far as i can tell. This boat seems built like a tank..the mast ...everything down to the toe rails seems thick and heavy. Whatcha''ll Think?.Penny for your thoughts...This buying stage with boats is really great fun except for the stomach indigestion and overall cellular death from stress.Thanks in advance,,the penny is in the mail...

PO.S. This is not the same boat..it is the same style and model...this one pictured is a '67...I'm looking at a '66.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg piccolumbia29101a.jpg (11.3 KB, 140 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook