SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking at a Columbia 29 MKII
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011

souljour2000 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the comments...Bubblehead I am not sure..I seem to remember that the chainplates went thru the deck onto the forward bulkhead with straps shaped like ones you usually see outside on the hull. Marc..good to know there was roving and not strictly chopper gun..I was pretty sure there was roving at least on the earlier Columbias but had forgotten to actually take a look around for the tell-tale print of roving when I was last on the boat. There are some nasty Columbia rumors but I think alot of the rumors concern the later boats made in the Virginia factory....and there was some sketchy contruction techniques done in the 70's by Columbia for sure.
The boat is missing the starboard winch possibly unless he has it somewhere and the boat does not have the original motor or any motor inside. Instead a fairly robust aluminum outboard bracket was made by some past owner though and there are two swim platforms sorta to either side that I really like. I am going to hammer out alot of details today...The main seemed to be in good shape and had a cover over it. He says he has the jib and maybe a yamaha 9.9 that has an electrical issue....I have a 9.8 I can slap on there that is cranky and has issues but starts sooner or later every time that I can use in the meantime hopefully...until the Yamaha can be repaired..

Last edited by souljour2000; 05-04-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook