SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
post #945 of Old 05-04-2011 Thread Starter
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAndersB View Post
Hi Paulo,
as I said I have been there and tried that with previous models from my Dehler. Some of them had as deep rudders as keel (almost 2 m) but it did not help. The Dehler 43 CWS rudder is also rather deep and big, but as you pointed out not to that extent, but mainly due to big ballast ratio and especially due to narrower aft section, is almost impossible to get it to round up.
I agree, there are shades of heat also in hell , but basically, twin rudders and planing hulls is what I am looking for.

Regards,
Anders
Anders, I would be the last to dispute that preference because it suits me well but I insist that the shape of the transom and the beam brought back has a lot to do with downwind increased stability even if two rudders can be a plus.

What I was trying to say is that in what regards hull design, shape of the hull, beam brought aft and large transom this is the first Dehler with this hull configuration. I don't think that any experience with other Dehlers is relevant in what regards downwind sailing.

If you go to the site and see the different hull shapes from the other Dehler you are going to understand what I mean.

This boat belongs in that regard to a new generation. More are coming, the Xp 38, the Max 11 and I bet it is going to be a standard from now on for this type of boat.

Regards

Paulo
The Following User Says Thank You to PCP For This Useful Post:
JAndersB (07-25-2013)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome